The Rattled Knitter

A piece detailing my life as a mother and avid knitter.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Wrapped Up

I finally finished my Enid's baby sweater. It doesn't fit her yet since I made it in a 9-12mo size, but if she ever gets to wear it I think it will look really cute. I finished sewing it together during last nights TV watching of Lost and Invasion. It's becoming a knitting ritual. I'm going to start the baby blanket I've been wanting to make for a buddy of Enid's, who is still "in the oven". I picked out two shade of pink and white yarn for it. I hope they do
n't think it too pink!!

Go out dancing but just remember one thing:
You can get a little wink
If you got a little pink
In your swing.

So I was just about to start the blanket when I noticed that the pattern required worsted weight yarn. Grr. That's what I get from relying on my failing memory!! I guess I just assumed that a baby blanket would be made with sporting weight. I thought about altering the pattern to accommodate the yarn I already have, but that would mean I would have to knit on smaller needles and make the blanket larger (in other words, more to knit). I have so many colors and types of yarn in storage, but none appropriate for the blanket...imagine that. Tomorrow I am going to have to make a trip to AC Moore to get supplies.

Sippy Cupping

Enid has be
en using the sippy cup for a long time now; mostly for juices and water after meals. She started to really get the hang of it around 6 months, but she would never drink more than an ounce out of it. For this reason, I never bothered to try putting breastmilk or formula in the cup, but I did over this past week. It has worked out marvelously!! She sucks down her milk without me helping her now (she can only hold the vent-air bottles for short periods). This saves me from purchasing more bottles that she can hold. I think she enjoys being more independent these days. Sippys are so much easier to clean than bottles so I will welcome the change with open arms.

Her Little "Yagee"

Buggy love f
or her dogs continues. She still drops little snacks for them when she has her finger foods. She loves to tug on Shiloh ears so she tries to lure him in with a treat to eat from her hands. He gets so nervous because he wants the treat, but he knows it's against the rules (always the good dog).

So Enid has this little dog that actually John gave me when I had a food poisoning a few years ago. She doesn't get to keep it because it's such a little plushie it may not be safe for unsupervised play. So this dog is very special to her because we use it as a distraction for her changing table. Anyway, she named this dog a couple weeks ago and we thought it was very cute. She calls it "Yagee", which only recently dawned on us that she is trying to say "doggie". How adorable is that? Now we have nicknamed Shiloh "Yagee" because the plushie looks just like him in miniature! He loves the attention this new name is getting him...he's such a ham!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home