The Rattled Knitter

A piece detailing my life as a mother and avid knitter.

Monday, January 09, 2006


Little buggy is really making progress on her crawling. She can even move forward about a foot when she is in the crawlling position. It's funny I have noticed over the past couple weeks that she practices crawling even in her sleep! Enid is a back sleeper. She has been for 8 months, but the last 2 weeks she has been experimenting with other positions (it might actually be due to the cold...maybe side and tummy sleeping help her breathe better). I went in to check on her the other night before bed, and she had her legs tucked underneath her and her little bum was sticking up in the air!! Take about a funny site!

We had a great day today. Her midmorning nap nice and lengthy, which hasn't happened in a while. It was very refreshing....to both of us! I have a feeling the decongestant that I was prescribed was making her jittery on top of her own cold medicine. I stopped taking it today and -surprise, surprise- she went down for a nap. I don't think doctors really think about what they are prescribing you....or care for that matter. I mean, okay, so technically the decongestant is safe for me to take while nursing, but obviously if it's going to make her feel like she's taking trucker's speed after she's eaten it's not good for her. They need to clarify when they give you the meds that it will make you feel better, but your baby isn't going to get the sleep she needs to get over the cold. Healthcare is on a decline these days that's for sure. The doctor's foot is out the door before she even lays eyes on you. If only my OBs could see me for mundane stuff like colds....

I can hardly wait until Enid is feeling better. I have been holding off on introductions until she gets better. It's been almost a month since her last new food. I didn't want to introduce anything over the holidays since we were traveling, then we brought home this illness *merry christmas to us*. I really want to get her eating more finger foods. She isn't very keen on anything but crackers, Cheerios, and fruit puffs at the moment. I don't think she likes the feel of fruit on her fingers because they're wet and sticky, so she generally passes on them even though she likes the taste. I have been thinking about coating them with wheat germ or rice flour, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home